Take a 1900 Stroll Between Second and First Sts on Pine
(Note: Photos may well be of something entirely different; just found them in our archives and they look about the same era, probably later).
In 1900, at or near the very fashionable corner of Second and Pine were the Klondyke Resaurant (“meals at all hours 20-25c”) as well as the Haizlip Plumbing Shop, Pioneer Blacksmith Shop (Corbctt & Johnson, prop’s.), Dr. Ed Lyster’s Bicycle Hospital and the Misses E & L Williams Millinery Salon…but nary a saloon. On the northwest corner of First and Pine, the four-faced clock of the First National Bank struck the electric hours, which was replaced by a similar timepiece which replaced it in 1907.